BA3, LLC is a software and services company specializing in applications for mobile platforms and the web. BA3 is based in Raleigh, North Carolina.
The BA3 Altus Mapping Engine™
The Altus Mapping Engine™ brings unprecedented 2D and 3D performance to the iOS, Android, Windows 8 and OSX platforms. If you have an app that uses maps, you should consider the Altus Mapping Engine™. You can see the Altus Mapping Engine™ in action by downloading the source code for the sample app.
Here are the top 10 reasons to consider the BA3 Altus Mapping Engine™ for your apps:
- Incredible Performance - The Altus Mapping Engine™ offers unprecedented performance displaying raster maps, vector maps, terrain, markers and overlays on the iPad 2/3, iPhone 3GS/4/5, and Android mobile platforms.
- Local or Streamed Files - Would you like your maps stored locally on the device? Or do you prefer to stream the same files via the internet? Or do you stream in tiles from a variety of standard tile providers? The Altus Mapping Engine™ can do it all. Both raster and vector mapping assets can reside on the device or stream from your server.
- Full Spherical Model - No more Mercator projections. Display your maps the way they are meant to be seen: on the sphere. Easily re-project any map you have onto the sphere. Even standard web tiles can be automatically and instantly reprojected onto the sphere in real time with impressive speed.
- Very Small Vector Maps - Tired of huge raster files? Try BA3's high performance vector maps instead! Extremely small size combines with very high rendering speed to create a much better user experience.
- Scalable, High Performance Marker System - Would you like to create markers for the 200,000 convenience stores in the U.S.? What about a million landmarks? The marker system in the Altus Mapping Engine™ can handle the load gracefully. Developer-defined LOD system and dynamic clustering keep the right number of markers on the screen at any zoom level.
- Impressive Raster Performance - Bring any raster map asset to the Altus Mapping Engine™ and experience impressive clarity and performance. 200 high-detail FAA charts? No problem, and beautifully projected onto the sphere with buttery smooth panning and zooming across 3GB of data.
- Many Tile Providers - Do you want to display tiles from OSM, Mapbox, MapQuest or Stamen? The Altus Mapping Engine™ is happy to ingest just about any tile provider and re-project the tiles onto the sphere in real time with impressive performance.
- Low and High Resolution Terrain files - The Altus Mapping Engine™ loves terrain. Adjustable color bars along with dynamic coloration (e.g. TAWS) are available.
- Animated Raster Layers - Things like changing cloud cover and radar displays are best presented with animation. Animated raster layers are built into the Altus Mapping Engine™.
- Other important Features - Track Up, dynamic color bars, GPS support, dynamic vector layers, vector routes and much more - all baked in to the Altus Mapping Engine™.
You have to see the performance to believe it—download one of BA3's free SDKs.